Monday, January 08, 2007

Change

Ive realised that there is no use of trying to improve yourself from what you are. This means that people will not appreciate what you are and will judge you on your past record. I'm asking you that why can't a person change? Or why does he remain the same person in people's minds which he was a while ago? Is it because people do not want to accept the change in him or do they just like the old you? When people ask you that are you the same person they knew or is this just an outburst which will soon fade away and things will get back to normal? I do not understand the meaning of such baseless questions as change takes place in everyone. Some people change over a period of time and hence are adapted to easily in the society but those that show drastic change in their usual behaviour and personality have to endure with such titles as hypocrite or a fake!

I have no idea why people can't accept change and just get used to the fact that there might be some aspects of the person that are coming out later than others which make a distinct change in his/her personality. This quality might have been there in that person but it didn't come out with all the others as the person could have been scared to show this side of him/her from fear of what people might think of them or in most cases, because the person is actually not yet mature enough to portray this side of him to the world as yet.

The reason, I feel for this non-acceptance by people or an attitude of apathy towards a person who has shown a distinct change in his personality is that these people might not be very comfortable with the new you and thus would like to think that this is just a temporary phase in your life which will soon go and the person will return to his own old self. Unfortunately, if this does not happen and the person is still in his "new form" he may not be accepted by people. A worst scenario is when the person who has just shown those sides of his personality which he never showed before and in the meanwhile is also displaying the qualities he possessed earlier he is referred to as a person with a split personality or a two-faced person. Are these terms which we enforce on such people right? It is natural that a person changes in one way or the other with the passage of time and hence this change should be seen as a positive one and not as an act of mockery and plagiarism.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

1..2..
The only thing that doesn't change is change itself.
...
...
3..4..Next change!
:p
-Saiprasad

Anonymous said...

People reject and object to change when they find they find that the change startles them and makes them feel insecure.

If you've changed, the person(s) in question possibly prefers your older self, not the newer image. That I feel, is rather selfish.

I suggest that you don't write so ambiguously. Write about what actually happened - give us the real deal - unless you really don't want to...

Nawaz said...

Manish, just want to tell you that I agree with what you are saying but this post is not about me or anybody in particular. Its about how people react in situations like these. As far as your request for me to write less ambiguously and to give you the real deal as you put it goes, I just want to say that I write what I feel is going on and tell that to people in my own way and I feel this is the real deal anyways!

One more thing, isn't this attitude actually there among people? In my view this is actually happening.

Anonymous said...

Jokes Apart!
When you change. You should change for yourself. You change when you realise that there is scope for improvement within you. You MATURE. That's a change too..! Change is also due to influence. Some bad. Some good. People also change to prove a point or two to people. People change to become more cool. People change change for social acceptance. People change to impress. People change for a whole-lotta reasons! In some cases, when you change for the bad; that's when someone correcting you is NOT A BAD thing!
When you change to improve; it shouldn't matter what others think of you.If they can't accept a BETTER you, CHANGE them! Discard them if need be!(It sounds strong/hard, but sometimes is easy to do!). When you blindly follow somebody and change, your a second-hander (ref. Ayn Rand! :) )
Any decision pertaining you; must be made by YOU, on YOUR accord and YOUR terms. Then it really doesn't matter what they make of you: a split personality or a two-face. Though if you have REALLY changed for the good, being called a TWO FACED bloke, is practically ruled out, nay?
People not accepting a changed you generally helps us to change our opinions about them; we come to know that their thoughts are limited, their dimensions narrow. We change our perceptions of people, situations etcetera. So one major change leads to another.........
-Saiprasad

anish said...

i believe people can change

but it somewhat happens over time..

the post was so well about you nawaz..and u know that...the problem is that you come off as fake...cause ur so different in the "cyber world"...remember - change takes time to be accepted so patience is virtue..."Journey Of A Magi" - read on!

Nawaz said...

Firstly I wrote this not ONLY about me. Many people I know have been going through this stage or might have gone through it before.

I understand that its natural for you or anyone who knows me to say that. I agree with you as you wouldn't accept me to do all this right! But what if I have some views about various things and I just want to share it with people.
Outside the cyber world I don't talk or act like this as I do not talk about these issues at all. And anyways this is just another source of "TP" Ive found on the net. Besides all this is done for pure fun and pleasure!

Anyways, I don't mind being called a fake or any such thing as its these sort of judgments about me which ultimately motivate me to do something that is always unexpected.

anish said...

"you come off as fake" - I am not calling you fake! All I am saying is, it takes time for people to get accustomed to change. Some get used to it quickly, others not-so-quickly!

Relax - I am really happy you are making an attempt to discover your mature side!

Blog On!

Nawaz said...

Heyy man I know what you meant. Its ok. Just for those people who do think like that, the comment is for them. Anyways enough "TP" on the net now back to studying..haha!

You tell me whats true and I appreciate that. Thanks!

ug said...

They say that the first impression is the best impression.

When people see a sudden change in someone, it is only natural for them to speculate the reasons for this. AS a precaution, people would be weary of such change. Perhaps more often than not, such changes are phases or sudden outbursts due to certain factors. But to expect people to readily accept change in a person is a little too much, I think.

Social interaction, as I see it, is a very complex thing. As Anish said, one needs to be patient to be accepted. It's not limited to people only, you know. Did people accept that the earth was round? No. Why?

I think it's pretty much the same situation here.

Nawaz said...

True Unmukt, very true!